Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Summary: The Accounting Analyst will work under the supervision of the Controller. This position is responsible for performing accounting functions that will assure accuracy in the organization's financial statements while maintaining SOX compliance.
The position will include, but is not limited to the following job duties:
- Perform general accounting activities (journal entries, close, prepaid expenses, inventory)
- Reconcile GL accounts (fixed assets, accruals, and other balance sheet accounts)
- Complete all sales tax returns and reconciliations
- Prepare customer invoicing - validate accuracy of documents submitted and ensure support adheres to company standard operating policies
- Provide support on special requests and ad-hoc projects as necessary
- Weekly payroll submission for hourly service techs
- Monthly reporting and financial review for month end close
- Maintain SOX compliance
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance required or qualified work experience greater than 10 years
- At least 4 years of solid, progressive accounting experience
- Strong sales and use tax experience
- Must have job cost and WIP experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of full-cycle general ledger accounting and internal controls
- Must have working knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient user of the Microsoft Office suite - specifically Excel - at an advanced user level
- A working knowledge of Epicor software a plus
- Accuracy and timeliness required
- Possess problem solving, attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter who is a quick learner and displays ownership and commitment to the job
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, changes tasks quickly, and handle multiple requests
- Positive attitude and willingness to help other team members
- Demonstrate ability to maintain confidentiality of information, exercise good judgment and discretion in handling and disseminating information
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.