What we make possible can begin with you.
Timken is where you can write your own unique story while having an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldólike improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment, and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond.
Engineering Co-op Program
Do you want real-life engineering experience in a global organization that will challenge you to better not only yourself, but the world? The Timken Company's Engineering Co-op Program is designed to prepare students for the transition into the engineering profession of their choosing by integrating academics with practical application and development in a professional work setting.
The Engineering Co-op Program is a rotational assignment for full-time students who plan to work for three to five semester terms while completing their Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. During the first semester term, the co-op will work 40 hours per week in an assigned Engineering department. Here the co-op is exposed to the other Engineering groups within Timken allowing them to apply to be selected for subsequent semester terms as part of a defined career path. These defined career paths are as follows:
- Engineering: This path would rotate through selected Engineering departments at Timken's World Headquarters in North Canton, Ohio. These Engineering departments include Application, Process, Product Design, Product Testing and Research & Development.
Example projects within the Engineering path may include analysis of bearing performance in an automotive axle, development of a manufacturing process, running a product performance test, designing new fixtures, etc.
- Manufacturing: This path would occur at a one or more of Timken's USA manufacturing facilities located in Ohio, New Hampshire, North Carolina, South Carolina, or other states. The co-op would rotate through Supply Chain, Lean, Quality and Supervisory experiences over subsequent terms.
Example projects within the Manufacturing path may include using Six Sigma and lean techniques to improve quality and reduce waste in a production process, implementing new process equipment, etc.
- Sales Engineering: This path would rotate through selected business departments at Timken's World Headquarters in North Canton, Ohio such as Marketing, Finance, Sales Support, Supply Chain or Purchasing. It also includes one or more semesters working in a field sales office in Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Peoria or other cities.
Example projects within the Sales Engineering path may include preparing a technical proposal and value analysis for a customer meeting, presenting at a customer meeting, communicating opportunities to support groups, etc.
Within all three defined career paths, co-ops will work daily with other highly experienced engineers who design, develop, apply, manufacture, sell and/or service our full product line.
The Timken Advantage
By joining Timken's Engineering Co-op Program you will gain the following:
- Real work experience through rotational assignments at a world class employer
- Increased knowledge of Engineering and other business functions at a global company
- The ability to contribute to the success of Timken while developing your own personal skills
- Enhanced public speaking and presentation skills
- Exposure to full-time career opportunities upon graduation from your university
- Competitive pay
The basic qualifications that candidates must possess to be considered for Timken's Engineering Co-op Program are as follows:
- Must be enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program (12 semester/credit hours) at an accredited four year university with an expected graduation date of Fall 2022 or later
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering or related Engineering major
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours before the start of your first semester term
- Demonstrated success in achieving goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate
- Strong computer skills, specifically experience with Access/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Ability to relocate for the duration of the program if needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa Sponsorship
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.