Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for purchasing products and services for the Manchester, CT facility. Will order to the required specifications and will ensure all quality and schedule requirements are met (supplier on-time delivery).
Maintain strong vendor relationships to assure long term supply at competitive pricing. Also responsible for maintaining proper inventory controls within the company guidelines. Responsible for the planning of commodities when
applicable. Support production schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Timely planning and purchasing of items to arrive within Work Order schedule date.
2. Effectively manage supplier and category performance.
3. Lead negotiations with suppliers, utilizing a strong background in fundamental sourcing skills.
4. Perform analysis, interpret results, and provide effective recommendations.
5. Determine and implement appropriate leverage to achieve best price, balancing cost with operational
6. Provide quotes of superior quality and competiveness to ensure BOM completeness to meet customer
requirements and company standards.
7. Interface with all applicable internal customers as needed.
8. Lead improvement initiatives, i.e research commodities for new development.
9. Seek out challenges and additional responsibilities.
10. Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
11. Must be able to deliver effective presentations.
US Citizen or green card holder
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of 2 years of relevant supply chain/purchasing experience
Ability to read/interpret blue prints
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Ability to work under pressure and ability to meet tight deadlines
Postivie and professional attitude, able to work with personnel at all levels
Knowledge of contract manufactruing processes
Solid computer skills, include MS Office (excel, word, outlook)
ERP/MRP System knowledge
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.