Overview This key position will have a direct impact to the commercial success of YLA by designing and pricing control tower and optimized transportation operations. This position will establish, present and defend optimized transportation routing solutions and pricing for each transportation need of customers. This will involve working with all levels of organization (both External and Internal Customers) to gather requirements, refine solutions and define compelling optimized transportation routings in both a revenue-pursuit environment and in ongoing purchase transportation cost reduction objectives. The position is responsible for establishing a core-strategic carrier network, measure carrier performance, manage and negotiate carrier-customer specific rates and contracts, and secure capacity commitments at competitive market rates for full truckload and less than truckload (LTL). This person may manage Pricing Analysts and will work closely with the Sales /Operations teams.
Responsibilities Pricing Management & Leadership
- Generate customer pricing strategies to the Sales and Operations team. For larger opportunities, make accurate forecast of purchased transportation in order to facilitate improved pricing decisions and gross margin expectations.
- Manage RFQs, while exhibiting exceptional time management skills.
- Collaborate with Solutions Engineering team, contribute to the creation of competitive routing and pricing solutions.
- Identify and communicate overall value for the customer through an understanding of cost, price and value components of each RFQ solution.
- Contribute to YLA's success and development through an ability to be hands-on and perform analysis of customer transportation needs.
- Supervise Pricing Analyst's day-to-day responsibilities and develop capabilities /breadth of experience.
- Contribute to building customer confidence in Yusen's RFQ process and approach
- Ability to clearly define the required inputs for developing solid routing, pricing proposals, and maintaining rates in Yusen's TMS system
- Organize data for use with transportation optimization, pricing, and analytics; understand key elements of the data and critical assumptions made in the absence of customer information.
- Qualify risks and key assumptions (i.e. how they impact a potential value proposal and profitability of YLA).
Commercial & Procurement:
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key motor carriers including less than truckload (LTL) carriers.
- Procure market competitive and customer specific rates from motor carriers.
- Manage market competitive and customer specific less than truckload (LTL) tariffs and discounts externally with carriers and internally with operations, as well as maintaining them in the system.
- Directly contribute to acquiring new business for YLA and identify on-going value for existing customers.
- Meet with customers to develop / confirm data and present /defend complex solution-based value proposals.
- Jointly develop pursuit strategies / account strategies with Sales and Operations Leaders.
- Engage with User, Technical, and Economic Buying Influences at the client site to explain YLA's value proposition of the implemented or proposed supply chain solution.
- College degree in transportation, finance, accounting, business management, or in analytical field preferred with 5+ years' prior work experience in transportation, pricing, sales, or operations.
- Ability to Travel (up to 15%).
- Capability and competency at the user level in logistics technology applications in the areas of Transportation Management System and other relevant systems/ tools.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with executives, clients and internal stakeholders at all levels
- Experience in data analysis, supply chain solution design, and large-scale project implementation.
- Expert Level proficiency with MS Office Excel.
- Strong communication (Verbal & Written) across all levels in the company
- Ability to work in a complex environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver complex solutions within stringent deadlines.
- Must have a goal oriented mentality coupled with the necessary skills to successfully motivate project teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience with rapid growth, integration, change and its impact on employees and organizations.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.