JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
This position is responsible for managing end-to-end processes, sales and operations within the branch location. The individual in this role must ensure adherence to all laws and legal regulations, provide excellent customer service, manage on-site and sales staff, optimize productivity, grow the business and monitor all financial matters.
- Ensure branch KPI's set annually are met and/or exceeded
- Ensure gross profit growth target set annually is achieved and/or exceeded
- Drive strong growth within designated geographical area Develop and expand customer relationships together with sales
- Accompany sales calls as needed
- Optimize branch transactions, increase sales and decrease operating expenses
- Optimize staffing productivity to achieve best use of resources
- Promote a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed customer needs, requirements and expectations
- Set and communicate employee performance expectations and goals, and communicate how these contribute to the strategy
- Monitor, evaluate, and hold employees accountable for performance goals and expectations through JAS performance management processes
- Responsible for P&L financial controlling and strategic planning (budget)
- Prepare yearly budget including, investments and staffing
- Financial Management: AR, AP, DSO and Job Cost
- Prepare monthly strategic overview report
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of standardized processes, structures and systems according to corporate guidelines
- Adhere to all defined Business Management System policies and procedures and local laws
- Other duties as assigned
- The incumbent may directly and/or indirectly supervise up to 50 employees
- Manage, coach, mentor and develop direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of the market and competitors as well as trends and industry challenges
- Strong business and financial acumen (understands principles and language, including the fundamentals of financial analysis)
- Collaborates well across business units/functions to accomplish goals and/or targets
- Analyzes information using tools and techniques, identifies implications, and draws conclusions
- Solid strategic and planning skills, ability to translate strategy to operational plan and execution
- Proven track record in people management and leadership skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills (should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences)
- Strong decision-making capabilities and high accountability
- Results oriented and customer focused
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Works effectively with others and independently
- Knowledge and experience in recruitment, selection, training and development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required
- B.A. or B.S. Degree preferred
- Minimum five (5) experience in freight forwarding and operations management required, 10 years preferred
- Experiences in air, ocean, logistics and supply chain management (SCM) required
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory/managerial experience required
- Prior experience establishing aligned organizational strategic goals for team members and managing employees to KPI's required
- Experience and demonstrated ability in managing and prioritizing heavy workloads while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced organization required
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint in particular) required
- Sound understanding of a P&L preferred
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 5% of the time
- Ability to work extended hours to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodations
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- None required.
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, the above is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.