The position is responsible for driving customer compliance with state and federal operating tax requirements through teams dedicated to customer on-boarding and customer management. This position interacts with the respective departments and vendors to drive and implement telematics reporting strategy, policy, vehicle setup and ongoing maintenance. The position is also responsible to interact with state agencies, customers and internal departments to understand and apply statutes to Penske and Customer processes related to operating tax authorities, advise and counsel customers on proper procedures and processes, and work with other departments within Penske with the purpose of ensuring compliance to all tax authorities.
This position is located at our Corporate offices in a beautiful country setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA which is a convenient commute with ample free and easy parking.
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Rd Reading, Pennsylvania
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously that involve multiple cross-functional teams.
• Analyze and prioritize project activities and client needs in order to establish realistic deadlines.
• Manage Customer Support Team to reduce Penske and customer exposure to tax liabilities on $19m tax return filings
• On Board Technology management
• Coordinating with customers and vendors to establish ongoing electronic data transmissions
• Maintain currency of available vendors and their capabilities in the marketplace, as well as the capability to interface with internal Compliance systems
• Maintain currency with all available fuel sourcing and submission methodologies in the marketplace relative to fuel / mileage tax reporting requirements and develop / manage internal processes to accommodate receipt of such records
• Interface with customers and vendors to resolve underlying causes of process defects that may arise through the various channels of data exchange
• Provide guidance and assistance to high profile customers with all aspects of legalization requirements including:
-International Registration Plan
-International Fuel Tax Agreement
• Manage Fuel Reporting Process
• Research required legal operating authorities to ensure the department is current on all state and federal operating regulations in order to provide guidance to customers on proper course for credentialing and operating tax authority attainment
• Monthly and quarterly tax close analysis of customer tax returns
• Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor's degree required
• 5 years project management experience preferred
• Experience working with customers to understand needs and identifying new ways for the company to deliver them
• Experience with business analysis, process mapping and new process design projects
• Demonstrated versatility, conviction and a commitment to outstanding customer service
• Must have excellent project management skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Effective presentation skills with the ability to present project information to, and field questions from, Sr. Management
• Excellent time management, organizational skills and follow-up with the ability to switch gears as required based on changing priorities without losing attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally at all levels and to all personalities
• Strong interpersonal skills enabling associate to be a valuable team player
• Advanced research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Adept at meeting facilitation and follow-up
• Attention to detail required
• AS/400 knowledge preferred
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel required, Power Point, and Access
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.