The Senior Manager of Implementation - Project Logistics leads new business implementations, re-implementations, and general process improvement throughout the Project Logistics US organization to support a highly productive operation and increase client satisfaction. The role works with Operations, Customer, Sales leaders, and Global network teams to understand business requirements & translate into process flows within Agility & ultimately differentiate Agility Project Logistics from our competition. This position must have strong problem solving skills, advanced industry knowledge in freight forwarding and logistics, and customer interaction. Position reports to Senior Vice President US Projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and evolve a strong team and staff that is customer-centric and process driven.
- Clearly establish internal KPI's for overall US Projects business when the client does not dictate specific KPI's.
- Lead new business implementations for optimal sustained performance, prompt client satisfaction, agreed upon internal and external KPI's and rapid maximum net revenue achievement.
- Re-implement existing business by clarifying client expectations, mapping business processes, refining tools, establish internal and external KPI's and applying standardized best practices to improve efficiencies, profitability, and client satisfaction.
- Develop out of the box solutions while working within the Agility Way to identify, diagnose, and develop process improvement opportunities in all areas of the business.
- Facilitate the successful delivery of projects and account support services.
- Train account teams to meet client requirements.
- Develop solutions mindful of financial implications including revenue leakage, auto pricing and auto costing.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidate should have at least 15+ years of working experience in the freight forwarding and/or transportation industry. Have a sound working experience of various international transportation products. Advanced knowledge of process flows and accounting practices are a must.
- Minimum of 5 years detailed experience with Sales, supply chain management and freight forwarding.
- Experience in Large Project Management preferred
- Knowledge of Control, EDI and Orders Management Systems preferred
- Knowledge of track and trace systems and its complete functionalities preferred
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Highly flexible, ability to execute well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization
- Great attention to detail to ensure highest level of quality/rigor
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle varying workloads with a high degree of accuracy
- Proactive, organized, detail oriented, process minded, and quality driven
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve problems logically and systematically
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and translate business requirements to technical requirements
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, working beyond these hours may often be required. This position is referred to as a full-time exempt position with Supervisory responsibilities. This role is located in an office environment. For full-time exempt employees, the work schedule is typically 40 hours per work week if the number of hours necessary to complete an assignment exceeds 40 hours within a work week; the employee is expected to work a reasonable number of additional hours as part of the employee's job requirements.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.