Today, we have more than 65,000 employees with the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Improves, maintains and repairs all equipment used in manufacturing, production, and packaging functions. Troubleshoots mechanical and process issues. Utilizes proactive continuous improvement methodology to ensure maximum operating equipment efficiency and effectiveness. Practices 200% Safety accountability (self and others)..
What You'll be Doing:
- Support planning, scheduling and maintenance activities
- Proactively maintains all production equipment and systems
- Regulatory and compliance record keeping for all systems
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance (major and minor) of utilities systems in multi-craft environment including electrical, instrumentation, mechanical and general equipment repair
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance (PM) and work order completion in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as required by Maintenance Manager
- Be able to prioritize with high quality decision making skills and work habits
- Stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders on a frequent basis
- Sitting at work station for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times
- Ability to work in a variety of temperature controlled environments, both hot and cold
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- HS Diploma/GED required.
- Associates degree or certification in a technical field preferred.
- 5-7 years of hands-on manufacturing maintenance experience, preferably in a food manufacturing setting.
- Familiarity with standard mechanical and electrical component maintenance and repair practices; knowledge of and skill with preventative maintenance.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing process.
- Ability to support and work with engineering on projects, equipment design, layout or re-design.
- Working knowledge of standard mechanical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Familiar with office technology tools (i.e. MS Office).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to operate basic machining equipment (lathe, mill, drill press).
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
- Understanding computer theory, programmable logic controls (PLC) and experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).