The Sales Rep generates revenue with a consultative selling approach explaining how the company is able to solve their waste and recycling needs. The qualified applicant will be able to meet and exceed all budgeted sales goals, work well with team members, operations, support staff and management. This person will develop industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations that will provide environmental solutions for our potential and current customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Aggressively solicit orders from current and prospective customers to maintain and increase customer base.
- Maintain good customer relations by traveling throughout assigned territory to meet with existing and prospective customers to assess and manage customer needs.
- Compile and manage lists of prospective customers in sales database for use in sales leads through cold-calling and other techniques.
- Penetrate new and existing market areas to maintain and increase sales and market share for assigned territories.
- Develop working knowledge of branch/regional profit and loss components and dynamics including pricing service, calculating desired margins and cost of service.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of solid waste product and equipment pricing, costs and application to include roll-off presentation, commercial placement, front-end upgrade and full-line applications.
- Two (2) to three (3) years sales experience.
- Waste Management experience preferred.
- Possess valid driver's license and your own dependable transportation.
- Successfully convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels and the ability to successfully negotiate complex service agreements resulting in signed customer contracts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College/University preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage
- Dental plans with dental maintenance alternatives
- Vision coverage
- Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Vacation
- Holidays and Personal Days
- Great team environment
- Career development opportunities with a growing company
Bates Trucking and Trash Removal, Inc. is one of the oldest and most prominent solid waste & recycling companies in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area, and we are proud of the opportunities we provide our drivers, mechanics, helpers and staff.
For more than 50 years, it's been our mission to protect the environment of our neighborhoods and businesses. In addition to providing safe, efficient trash and garbage disposal, we also offer a full complement of environmentally friendly recycling services.