Join our leadership team and help to build our 'One Team' culture in our 200K Sq. Ft. facility in Charlotte, NC! We're seeking a hands-on Assistant Distribution Center Manager to directly manage 25+ warehouse associates in the Outbound/Shipping department. You will have responsibility for selecting, coaching and developing our associates. Your start time will be 12 pm.
- BS/BA degree is a plus, but not required.
- 4+ years of experience in a distribution operations role.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience of leads and 5+ associates.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Strong team building and associate engagement skills.
- Outbound/shipping experience.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Warehouse management software experience, SAP or similar.
- Warehouse equipment to include forklift, pallet jacks, order picker, conveyor.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
- Flexibility to work various hours.
Perks for our USABlueBook Associates:
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for leading the distribution personnel as a team to ensure all safety, quality, packaging, receipt and shipment standards, and operational goals are attained.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures safety, productivity and quality in all distribution operations.
- Designs, develops and manages the distribution department budget.
- Refurbishes and enhances site infrastructure and equipment to support site efforts in growth and meeting objectives.
- Continues efforts to build maintenance performance metrics and train all staff in those measures to optimize performance and return on investment.
- Ensures associates have the tools and training necessary to do the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Locations US-NC-Charlotte
Posted Date 4 days ago (3/23/2020 4:34 PM)
Job ID 2020-37380
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 28206
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.