Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Keep systems up-to-date through operating systems upgrades.
- Monitor networking equipment and servers.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Monitor web performance, network availability, and security
- Oversee troubleshooting for system errors
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues
- Provide technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed
- Respond to IT issues; hardware maintenance, software, networking, etc
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software
- Modify configurations, utilities, software, etc
- Set up equipment for new users
- Install, test, and monitor servers, firewalls, and new software
- Perform data backups
- Install and update network system improvements as needed
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Computer Networking
- Coding / Programming Skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades.
- Experience working with network and server management support.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required
- VMWare and Veem
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Associates Degree Preferred
- CompTIA A+ Certification Preferred
- CompTIA Net+ Certification Preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.