TRAC Tire Services is now hiring for 3rd Shift positions to operate various machinery in plant located in Florence, KY.
- 9P - 5:30A, Sunday Night through Friday Morning, 3rd -$17/hour 10% shift differential ($18.70/hour)
The retreading process starts when old tires are received into the facility. These tires are dis-mounted and cleared of any tubes, flaps or valve stems. A safety inspection of the tire is preformed and if passed the old tread is then buffed away, and a new rubber tread is applied to the bare "casing" using specialized machinery. After curing the tires in a chamber to secure the new tread a final inspection is done with any branding or painting to complete the process.
This position requires a high level of Quality Control for each stage of the retread process. The retread process is conducted through a multiple station process, where cross training will be provided for each station.
- Ensure station is cleaned and stocked and equipment is working properly before and after all shifts
- Consistently meet or exceed standard metrics per day for each position (tires inspected, tubes pulled, etc)
- Work well in a team environment, employees may be asked to work multiple positions some days in order to meet daily goals.
- Maintaining and updating logs and tracking spreadsheets through one of the following medians: Paper, Excel, or company software.
- Show up to work timely and consistently to ensure your shift does not lose productivity due to staffing shortages.
- Ability to identify when using any hazardous materials and use proper PPE/procedures when handling these materials
- Ability to work in facility that is NOT temperature controlled: Hot in the summer months and Cold in the winter months.
- Can frequently bend, twist and lift objects over 50 - 100 pounds on a regular basis. 100 pounds of pressure when pushing tires.
- Must be able to work standing up and do repetitive and sustained exertions, forceful exertions, awkward postures, mechanical stress concentrations, vibrations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Tires is preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen as well as a criminal background check.
- High school diploma or GED
- Overtime is management discretion
Are you looking for a career with an industry leader? Have big ideas that deserve to be heard? A career at TRAC offers a rewarding opportunity to be part of a growing, evolving and ever-improving organization. TRAC Intermodal is North America's leading intermodal transportation equipment provider and chassis pool manager serving international shippers. Based in Princeton, New Jersey, TRAC Intermodal is opening new locations across North America, experiencing impressive growth and embracing change. If you want to work with a company whose people live its values every day, consider a career with TRAC Intermodal.