Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a Service Center Engineer at the Santa Fe Springs, California regional service center. Resbonsibilities include:
- Implement customer's requirements for the repair, modification or upgrade of customer's equipment.
- Evaluate the condition of equipment and determine which components are re-useable, repairable or must be replaced.
- Perform failure analysis and create technical reports for customers.
- Define the scope of work needed to return equipment back to full working condition.
- Measure and reverse engineer non-Philadelphia Gear components.
- Provide calculations for the manufacture of new gears or repair of existing gears.
- Design, specify and create detail drawings of components.
- Build job travelers that lay out the order of operations and describe the work needed to carry out the repairs or modifications of gears, components and equipment.
- Assist in technical training of shop personnel.
- Provide technical support to suppliers, customers, field service and customer service.
Key attributes include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization, set goals, ability to work as part of a team and the ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams. Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), strong written and verbal communication skills are required. This position requires a problem solver who is involved in all technical aspects that support the operations of the regional service center. Applicant must have 1-3 years of gear engineering experience and a bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.