Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Assembler position is responsible for putting together component parts or pieces adhering to a set of work instructions and/or prints. Requires basic math and technical skills to interpret plans. The Assembler is responsible for veryifying correct quantities of component parts and quality checking completed parts. May also be responsible for managing parts inventory and basic reporting. The ability to use hand tools and mechanical equipment is beneficial to the role as is an understanding of basic engineering principles and a knowledge of safety procedures.
- Rotate through mulitiple stations on a shift to ensure maximum alertness and perparation
- Read blueprints and verify the parts required prior to assembly
- Inform Supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure a prompt response to the problem
- Familiarize yourself with the tools, instrumentation and calibration equipment
- Communicate with other stations on the shop floor to ensure maximum speed and accuracy
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specification
- Package parts accurately, neatly and in a timely fashion
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.