The Transport Engineer is responsible for technical services provided to internal and external clients. This individual reports to the OOG Project Cargo Manager and will collaborate closely with Agility in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME's).
- A comprehensive understanding of HSE principles.
- To develop technical and costing proposals, execution plans and implementation plans.
- To assist where necessary with shipment preparation activities to ensure a seamless flow of cargo from origin to final destination.
- To verify and evaluate the technical suitability of the proposed method of transport in conjunction with our technical specialists at the relevant Global Control Centers.
- To review, study and then implement an action plan on each shipment release.
- When required, to attend Loadouts / Discharges for all modes of transportation, to conduct loadout / discharge inspections and coordinate with on-site teams, third parties and client representatives.
- To attend when requested, client/project progress meetings, to discuss forthcoming shipping operations and logistical planning.
- To assist with commercial activities such as pricing and tender/bid support.
- To perform required reporting and other position-related duties as specified by management.
- Civil or Mechanical Engineering Degree preferred.
- 2 years' experience with either a Heavy Haul, Barge or Ocean carrier.
- AutoCAD / SolidWorks capability to produce both 2D & 3D drawings.
- Spanish speaking would be of benefit.
- On site experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- 20 - 40% both domestically and internationally.
- Ability to sit for long periods.
- Able to maintain mobility and functioning while onsite in demanding conditions.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.