The Allentown operation is a state of the art aseptic bottling and variety packaging facility along with a full beverage distribution center. The site operation will function on the foundational principles of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance); principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma; and the power of High Performance Teams. All associates at the Allentown site will have specific accountability and ownership to the site operations and to their respective functional business operation. The site will run on state of the art enterprise information technology systems and manufacturing execution systems; and with highly automated processing equipment, packaging equipment, and material movement equipment; and very standardized lean processes. This position will be reporting to the Senior Maintenance manager who is responsible for the Maintenance functions for the Manufacturing site.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the maintenance and technical aspects in a new state of the art aseptic manufacturing facility in Allentown, PA. Responsibilities include troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, filling, labeling, packaging, HVAC systems, boilers, pumps, homogenizers, bulk delivery equipment, blending/mixing systems. Collaborate with site leadership to establish and lead processes that achieves high standards of safety, quality, productivity, cost control, and high employee engagement.
- Assumes a shared role as a safety champion that inspires team members to embrace and be accountable for personal safety. Ensure a safe and orderly working environment, free of slip/trip hazards; maintain compliance to meet/exceed all site and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in defining and executing goals supporting Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) objectives, including the development and implementation of strategies, processes and programs. Assists in holding team accountable for achieving goals.
- Supports the development and execution of programs for the operation and repair of all production and support equipment to ensure KDP safety and quality standards are met.
- Supports the development of strong working relationships with internal customers in support of plant-wide operations.
- Support the site objectives by helping to direct safe and efficient preventive and corrective equipment repairs in a timely manner in order to minimize downtime
- Supervises direct reports to include: hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching with a goal of establishing a skilled and competent work force focused on team building and group problem solving.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment and enforce safety compliance with staff, contractors and employees. Drive the 5-S discipline in your function and across the site supporting TPM deployment.
- Assists in managing and developing annual budget. Deliver spending consistent with assigned targets for maintenance functions including spare parts inventories. Actively participate in capital planning, implementation, and new process development focused on minimizing costs and maximizing productivity.
- Support the introduction of new technology.
- Monitor execution of work orders and parts management process within SAP.
- Implement and develop Lean Daily Management (LDM) in the maintenance function. This includes identifying mechanical/maintenance leading indicators and metrics, which will measure departmental performance on a regular basis. Report as required in support of KDP Action Behaviors.
- Assist in ensuring the facility is operating in compliance within local, state, federal regulations.
- Bachelor Degree from accredited University preferred (Engineering or related field of study)
- 2 years of experience in Maintenance in a Lead or Supervisory role within a manufacturing environment.
- Aseptic manufacturing experience preferred
Keys to success in this role include skills, knowledge and behaviors in the following areas:
- Confidence, integrity and an autonomous mindset with the ability to work independently and strive to win, even in challenging environments
- Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions and calibrate instrumentation
- Team-player attitude with well-developed interpersonal skills and comfort in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Mechanical orientation with the ability to solve problems and implement change
- Strong communication and writing skills and ability to conduct root-cause analysis and implement corrections
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.