Ocean Export Manager
Pan-Link is a leading international cargo transportation company has an immediate opening at our New York branch located in Lynbrook, NY for an experienced Ocean Export Manager.
We are looking for a candidate who is dynamic, highly motivated, and reliable who understands and appreciates the importance of team effort.
A minimum of 4 years' experience at an NVOCC or freight forwarder handling FCL ocean export operations is required. Candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of FCL and LCL ocean export cargo receiving, container inventory control, verifying marks, numbers, piece counts and destinations, verifying hazardous information, turning over lots, releasing cargo for loading, sending pre-alerts, research and resolve freight discrepancies. Knowledge of shipping to all Transpacific destinations.
- Candidate must be equally knowledgeable with carrier and trucker contact, documentation requirements including bills of lading, dock receipts and manifests. Ability to understand cost, pricing, profit/loss management at a file level
- Candidate with hazardous certification is preferred but not required
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must be detailed oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking, customer service minded environment
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Handle all aspects of shipments from being booked to being delivered according to customer SOP
- Prepare and monitor monthly Co-Loader schedule
- Communicate with existing and new co-loaders
- Be aggressive in building our existing services
- Build new lanes of service
- Monitor, Mentor and work closely with staff
- Enter and process all documents relevant to assigned shipments
- Adhere to all compliance guidelines
- Invoice shipments and control payment under client credit terms
- Audit and approve vendor payments
- Close and report profit/loss of assigned shipment files
- Respond to customer and vendor enquiries
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Provide pricing support to customers, agents and sales staff
- Assist department and division management with assigned projects
- Associates degree or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Minimum of 4 years industry experience
- Air Export/Import experience is a plus!!