This position is for local residents only.
Freight Agent Broker/Dispatcher
We are seeking a Transportation Efficiency Representative to join our team! You will be responsible for efficient timely service which includes customer service, driver management, and performance reporting to ensure our customers receive timely deliveries and excellent service.
Zuum Transportation, Inc. is a rapidly growing tech company in supply chain logistics and we are looking to add a key player.
- Manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery service provided to our customers
- Coordinate with carriers, agents to build strong and cost-efficient transportation network
- Exercise proper data entry, word processing, and filing
- Establish and maintain relationships with customer(s), carrier(s), driver(s) to meet transportation coverage needs, and all other company objectives
- Communicate customer needs to drivers through dispatch instruction
- Responsible for communicating cancelled or rescheduled deliveries to end customer and client
- Documents shipment details and driver's progress on computer using the right reporting tools
- Skills and qualifications
- Strong sense of responsibility and professionalism
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-up skills
- Detail-oriented, able to follow directions and learn quickly
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, teams, and management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and a team player
- Knowledge of DOT and Hours-of-Service (HOS) regulations for Commercial operators
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 3 years of experience Preferred
*Please attach your LinkedIn Account (optional) highly recommended. This position has lots of room for growth.