This position is for local residents only.
Trade Compliance Manager
Chicago Metro Area
Job Description: Oversight of all Trade Compliance department related functions for the business.
• Oversee Import and Export Compliance and the development of the company Trade Compliance Program through the establishment of SOP's.
• Responsible for the Importer Self-Assessment Program
• Provide training on imports and customs matters
• Coordinate with Customs Brokers and Logistics Providers to establish SOP's for efficiency and for customs best practices.
• Look for areas of process improvement in Import Compliance Operations
• Manage NAFTA(USMCA) program and other FTA's for the business
• Oversee internal audits and assessments
• Handle HTS classification and Certificate of Origin
• Oversee outside Brokers and coordinate customs clearance for shipments
• Oversee and manage the Trade Compliance team, and provide support and training
• Monitor CTPAT compliance and certification
7 to 10 years of Customs Compliance experience
Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Experience with freight forwarding operations
Licensed Customs Broker (a plus)
Strong knowledge of US HTS Classification
Strong working knowledge of US Customs Law and Regulations
Understanding of international freight forwarding and supply chain operations.
Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
This is a partial job description. To learn more please send your MS Word version resume to: Nicole Benker email: email@example.com
As a recruiter, I specialize in trade compliance placements. Tyler Search is an Executive Search firm dedicated to the Global Trade community specializing in all levels of Import/Export Compliance as well as Supply Chain Management and International Logistics.