Industrial/Mining Plant Electrician
United States - NV - Wendover
Industrial Electrician, Graymont Pilot Peak Plant, West Wendover, NV
Graymont is seeking applicants for an Industrial Plant electrician at our Pilot Peak location, located approximately 15 miles west of Wendover, NV. Applicants will need experience with medium voltage, High voltage, operating various test equipment, and trouble shooting in an industrial plant environment. Experience with Ignition, Allen-Bradley PLCs and related controls equipment is a plus. Additional Company and Plant information can be found at www.graymont.com.
SCHEDULE / BENEFITS
Work schedule will be Monday through Thursday from 6:00am to 4:00pm with a rotating on call schedule. Longer shifts may be required during annual shut downs or special projects. Accommodation considerations will be given to employees commuting from out of town. Position will be eligible for full competitive benefits package including health and dental, 401k, and Holiday/Vacation pay.
- Read, understand, troubleshoot, and perform electrical work from electrical schematics.
- Experience with the following items:
- AC volt motor control circuits
- DC motors and controls
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Soft start AC drives
- 110 Vac, 480 Vac, and 4160 Vac
- Transformers & sampling
- Zero speed switches, motion detectors, level controls, shunts, current transformers, and all 110Vac and 24vdc input devices used for control,switching & Instrumentation
- Perform substation maintenance work, transformer connections, voltage tap changing, switch gear, over current relays, dash pots, demand meters, as well as cleaning all gear.
- Be familiar with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and the use of a laptop for trouble shooting equipment issues.
- Perform ground tests and evaluate, repair, and maintain a good grounding system.
- Have a full understanding of all electrical systems and be able to maintain same in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the current National Electrical Code.
- Operate all job-related equipment.
- Work from wiring diagrams, sketches, catalogs, and parts lists.
- Efficiently inspect equipment that has failed, diagnose the problem, and come up with a safe repair procedure in a timely manner to get the equipment back in production.
- Applicant will be responsible for light stationary maintenance including but not limited to welding, fabricating, trouble shooting mechanical equipment, changing bearings, etc.
- Applicant must have and maintain in effect a current driver's license.
- Be capable of performing work with minimum supervision.
- Safety rules and regulations, good housekeeping, and clean-up procedures must be followed on all jobs.
- Conform to company work rules.