Your Career Begins at Cone Drive Operations, a Timken company! Cone Drive is located in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan and boasts nearly 100 years of success in the gearing industry.
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
At Cone Drive, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing the activities of the Human Resources Department and acting as a business partner for the Cone Drive and Timken leadership teams.
This position leads the Human Resources function for the Cone Drive organization and oversees all HR activity for two business locations (Traverse City, MI and Ludngton, MI). Responsibilities encompass both operational and strategic HR and organization development activities, including but not limited to maintaining positive associate relations, consulting with the global business on organization design and effectiveness, leading culture change, driving performance management and talent management processes, team building, conducting strategic manpower planning and associate development. This position reports to the President - Cone Drive.
The HR Manager's responsibility is to:
- Ensure compliance with all State and Federal employment laws, the Collective Bargaining Agreement, and company policies.
- Manage all activities related to recruiting, staffing, onboarding, and employee training and development.
- Manage the Performance Management and Succession Planning activities for all salaried employees.
- Manage labor relations with the UAW, including labor negotiations, monthly labor/management meetings, and grievance processing.
- Maximize the HRIS system and ensuring the confidential, accurate and thorough management of employee data.
- Provide broad HR support to Traverse City, Ludington and remote employees, including providing policy interpretation, managing leaves of absences, ensuring the consistent application of all policies, and providing developmental support to all managers.
- Provide on-going support to Cone Drive retirees related to pension benefits andpost retirement benefit transitions, issues and questions.
Required Functional Skills:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment legislation
- Familiarity and fluency on large HR ERP systems such as SuccessFactors/Workday
- Compensation design and job evaluation methodologies
- Talent Management and Succession Planning for manufacturing and commercial operations
- Experience in training, and learning and development practices
- Benefits Plan design (including DB and DC philosophy)
- Organizational Change experience
- Employee Relations experience
- Strong computer skills, including application of the programs in the Microsoft Suite, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and well as HRIS maintenance experience.
- Previous experience and a solid understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ERISA, DOL, Wage & Hour, HIPAA, and PPACA.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and employee retention
Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences, Business Administration or Engineering with 7 years of relevant experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.