Reporting to the Director of Employee and Labor Relations, the Senior Employee and Labor Relations Advisor will be a human resources business partner to Graymont's operating plants, terminals and regional offices.
United States - WI - West Bend
Graymont is an emerging global leader in the production and marketing of lime and limestone products. We have operations across North America and in the Asia Pacific region. Graymont's growing business focuses on technology and application innovation. To achieve this, Graymont supports the training and development of its employees and provides them with opportunities to explore their careers across Graymont's commercial, technological, engineering, environmental, human resources and finance functions, among others. Employees at Graymont receive competitive compensation and health care benefits and may also qualify for financial support for ongoing learning and development to help them reach their full potential. The Labor and Employee Relations team acts as human resources business partners to all functions with
Graymont. We utilize our varied experiences in all aspects of human resources to help find and implement innovative solutions for Graymont's human capital needs. Our focus is on driving results through innovation, growth and optimizing Graymont's strategic position in the market. Visit www.graymont.com to find out more.
Reporting to the Director of Employee and Labor Relations, the Senior Employee and Labor Relations Advisor will be a human resources business partner to Graymont's operating plants, terminals and regional offices. Specifically, this role will support 6 plants and one regional office in the Central US and Canada by providing strategic and timely advice on a variety of human resources related areas including, but not limited to, labor relations and collective agreement negotiations (including acting as lead negotiator during collective bargaining), recruiting, coaching, performance management, organizational change and change management. The Senior Employee and Labor Relations Advisor will work cross functionally on special projects and will collaborate with peers within North America and Asia Pacific to achieve strategic HR goals.
Graymont is a stable company having been in operation for over 70 years but it is a fast-paced company that is undergoing significant changes designed to take advantage of a changing business and social environment. The successful candidate must be comfortable with change and thrive in an environment where daily challenges may be new and ambiguous.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide HR advice, guidance and support to all levels of management on Labor Relations and HR related matters including but not limited to grievance matters, employee conduct and capability and organizational change.
- Negotiate collective agreements as the Company spokesperson or co-spokesperson.
- Develops and provides supervisory/management training on HR and Labor relations issues (progressive discipline, performance management, etc.).
- Participate in the development and implementation of new HR/LR Policies and Programs.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with internal customers, HR team and union representatives.
- Promote and support the consistent application of HR policies, legislation and best practices.
- Support the recruitment and selection process, including assisting hiring managers in the development of job postings, interviewing and offer letter preparation.
- Stay current on relevant human resources legislation, current trends and best practices, sharing of knowledge within HR team in a timely fashion.
- Support management on casework including absenteeism, return-to-work, workers compensation, disability, and FMLA processes.
- Assist management in the preparation and delivery of appropriate documents regarding corrective action, terminations, etc
- Facilitate the deployment of the full array of HR/LR initiatives.
- Collaborate on functional and cross functional projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources related field. SHRM certification a plus.
- 5-8 years progressive Labor Relations and HR experience. Preference will be given to experience providing front line LR/HR support in an industrial multi-site unionized environment.
- A thorough understanding of US Labor legislations and regulatory requirements. Canadian labor and employment legislation knowledge is an asset.
- Advance knowledge and practice in interpreting and applying labor and employment legislation and the collective agreement interpretation and application.
- Experience collective bargaining and negotiation experience as a spokesperson.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication (written and verbal) skills with considerable ability to interact effectively at all levels and gain the confidence and respect of line management, union officials and employees.
- A demonstrated capacity for innovative and proactive dispute resolution and problem solving.
- Strong customer focus.
- Superior judgment and decision-making skills with good attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work with limited direction and to function as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and organize
- Able to effectively use Word/Excel/PowerPoint to create reports and presentations
- Able to travel 30-40% of the time, including cross border travel to Canada