Graymont Exshaw Plant is looking for a supervisor with a technical background that enjoys working with people, improving chemical and mechanical processes and seeks a long-term career in the industrial minerals industry.
Canada - AB - Exshaw
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the highest standards are achieved in the areas of safety, personnel, plant efficiency, availability, environmental compliance and product quality.
- Lead and develop an effective engaged workforce within the plant that works well with other functions: maintenance, sales, human resources, engineering and ESGQA.
- Participate as a critical member of the Exshaw Plant management team.
- Responsible for supervising the Lime plant operators and processes.
- Strong communication skills are critical to the success of this position. The successful candidate will communicate across plant function lines as well as non-plant resources to ensure "best" solutions and engineering practice are implemented.
- Identify, analyze and implement process improvements.
- Coordinate the maintenance and production activities associated with long- and short-term shutdowns.
- Develop, manage and implement capital projects and major repairs with plant personnel.
- Coordinate and supervise work provided by contractors and vendors.
- Assist the operation and maintenance in determining the root cause of problems causing equipment failure or process upsets and develop corrective solutions.
- Perform "on-call" duties on rotation with the management team.
- Participate in day-to-day plant environmental compliance and reporting.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor in managing inventory, JDE Reports and Work Order system.
- Take an active role in the plant safety committee.
- BS Degree in Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years industrial process or supervisory experience required.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as necessary to meet deadlines or to ensure resolution of plant problems.
- Passionate in the pursuit of implementing process improvements.
- Strong computer skills. PLC programming and or JDE experience is a plus.
- Basic financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, and planning)