Outside Sales Account Manager for Multi-Family customers
As an Ouside Sales Account Manager for Facilities Maintenance Multifamily division you will be responsible for an established portfolio of multifamily customers (Apartment communities) to maintain and drive Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) sales. This position offers a competitive base salary plus a sales incentive plan paid monthly. A laptop/tablet, cell phone, and monthly expenses are included. The territory for this role is the Biloxi/Gulfport and Hattiesburg.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for profitably growing sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets. Responsible for prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in the assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships.
- Attends the monthly business meetings for all company sponsored associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if required, similar regional / national activities.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling.
- Knowledge in HDS product line.
- Multi-Family Industry Knowledge
- 2+ years business to business (B2B) field sales experience.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and SalesForce.com or similar CRM.
- Bilingual Spanish/English is a plus.
Job Locations US-MS-Biloxi - US-MS-Gulfport
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (5/14/2020 3:14 PM)
Job ID 2020-37498
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 39530
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.