HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the inside sales function. Provide high level customer service while maximizing sales and gross profit. Ensure customers receive prompt and efficient service. Maintain profitability through report analysis, identification of trends, issue resolution and implementing solutions.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Oversees the research and preparation of sales orders and quotes for customers according to specifications and information provided. Provides reliable information regarding product specifications, product suitability, pricing and availability.
- Creates, supports, tracks, and measures all inside sales initiatives. Develops sales and delivery plans for the inside sales team.
- Reports on sales metrics and implements process improvements. Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Utilizes customer feedback to generate opportunities to sell additional products and services to the customer. Researches and discovers methods to increase customer engagement. Attends product knowledge meetings and workshops.
- Partners with marketing and merchandising to ensure brand consistency and increase sales. Administers guidelines for consistent upselling and quoting
- Assists staff with problem resolution related to customer service, product availability, price, warranties and product delivery.
- Manages the inside sales team to foster talent development and team engagement.
- Observes and evaluates performance of staff, provides instruction and assigns duties.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 7+ years of inside sales experience
- A track record of proven success managing a large group of sales people
- History of developing employees including a the leader level
- Bachelor's degree in Sales, Business Administration or related field.
- Experience with CRM or related software such as Salesforce
- ERP and database management preferred.
Job Locations US-TX-New Braunfels
Posted Date 3 months ago (3/10/2020 2:51 PM)
Job ID 2020-37177
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 78130
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.