Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Summary: Seek, find, and book orders for overhead crane manufacturing, service and related industries.
- Be responsible for meeting company objectives for product sales and profitability.
- Ability and willingness to work with various aspects of the company including operations, engineering, HR, customer service etc.
- Ability to meet operational requirements. Follow up on results.
- Ability to implement and follow a sales plan including expanding markets and geographies.
- Maintain existing product sales, while formulating new product line strategy to assure market growth.
- Must display entrepreneurial spirit and ability to readily adjust to and do a multitude of tasks that may need to be accomplished or changed. Possess high energy level and ability to deal with high stress situations.
- Ability to manage time and priorities for maximum efficiency with available resources.
- General knowledge of industrial sales is necessary. Prefer knowledge of overhead material handling equipment.
- Capable of visiting customers and ability to quickly assess needs, oversee engineering specifications and convert customer opportunities into profitable sales.
- Demonstrated ability to perform closely within a team environment, while at the same time have the ability to take charge and work independently when required, as well as interact with all levels of customers, vendors and Wazee management.
- Monitor and be held accountable for financial performance of the group. Takes corrective action as needed or directed.
- Willing to travel for as much as three weeks per quarter.
- 5+ Years' experience in industrial overhead materials handling or general industry
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required
- General industrial manufacturing knowledge and mechanical aptitude
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office proficiency
- Excellent attendance and punctuality - dependable and reliable
- Excellent customer service and human relation skills
- Willingness to continuously learn and grow with the company
- Excellent communication with customers and coworkers
- Excellent availability and follow up - must be available to customer and coworkers and respond quickly
- Able to work alone and lead a team - both a self-starter and team player
- Experience with CRM software
- Ability to work well under pressure/deadlines
- Good organization and communication skills
- High degree of accuracy and professionalism displayed in all aspects of work
- Display honesty and integrity in all aspects of work and hold team to same standards
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Eyeglasses/contact may be worn to aid in the use of the vision essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to feel or handle, and talk and/or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand for short periods of time, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC fosters a drug-free work environment.