CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Energy Service Technician to sell and install propane equipment and provide related services in a safe, efficient manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and sales. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be self-motivated, and committed to providing superior customer service.
- Increase propane sales through door-to-door sales, marketing programs, customer referrals, and telemarketing.
- Grow and maintain current market share through prompt delivery of all products and regular communication with current customer base.
- Safely install or repair propane related equipment according to federal and state codes.
- Make proper recommendations of propane and services to customers to their requirements and promote CHS products and services.
- Invoice all products and services accurately as they are delivered or sold.
- Assist supervisor in developing marketing programs to attract new business and retain current customers.
- Promptly handle all customer complaints with follow-up until the complaint has been resolved.
- Assist supervisor in increasing departmental efficiency and reducing operational costs.
- Adhere to CHS pricing, credit, inventory and safety policies.
- Promote and enhance CHS's image by supporting and advocating compliance with sales programs, management policies, and operating procedures.
- Perform propane and equipment installation, repair and delivery work as required by local, state, and federal regulations.
- Support a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Ensure all daily paperwork is accurate and complete.
- Provide supervisor with daily updates on customer, competition, safety and financial issues.
- Attend training sessions to stay current with petroleum industry safety and operational standards.
- All other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Work extended hours and be on-call as needed to meet seasonal sales demands.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- CETP certifications or ability to obtain
- CDL with Tank endorsement
- Must pass a DOT required physical and drug screen
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work additional hours and be on-call as requested
- Ability to lift/carry up to 100lbs, walk, stand, sit, bend, and kneel
- Ability to work in weather above and below normal temperatures
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Hazardous Materials endorsement
- Experience selling and delivering propane
- Propane equipment installation experience
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives.
Minimum Years of Experience Required
Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma
Driver / Transportation