Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
- Perform manufacturing processes including set up and operate centerless grinding machines to grind external and internal cylindrical or tapered surfaced of metal workpieces to blueprint specifications.
- Mounts grinding wheel and regulating wheel on spindles with wrenches.
- Dresses wheels to specifications, using dressing device.
- Moves controls to set specified grinding speeds, feed rates, and spacing between wheel faces.
- Positions and secures work rest at specified height, using wrenches.
- Lifts and positions workpiece manually or with hoist, and secures it between wheels and on work rest.
- Verifies dimensions of ground workpiece for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges Work with aerospace materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, magnesium, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Follow customer quality requirements, and read/interpret operation sheets and work instructions.
- Read/interpret CMM measuring equipment reports.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment.
- Adhere to established policies and company procedures and standard work
- Support and participate in process improvement intiatives utilizing lean manfuacturing tools and techiques as required.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease machine downtime.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by Leads, Supervisors and/or Managers
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time on a concrete manufacturing floor.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical school graduate in machining (desired)
- Minimum of 3 years of centerless grinding machining experience.
- Proficient with machine setup.
- Aerospace experience desired.
- Solid industrial mathematics knowledge.
- Ability to work with tight tolerances.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to set, use or setup various measuring devices.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Lean basic knowledge i.e. 5S visual management.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.