HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Provide customer service by responding to inquiries regarding product selection, services and issues. Associates will be responsible for knowledge on 20,000 products and 3 catalogues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Responds to customer order and quotation requests received via the telephone, e-mail, written, and faxed correspondence within the department service goals. Resolves customer issues including issuance of credit concessions.
- Performs necessary follow-up to ensure customer service expectations are met. Builds relationships if assigned a specific customer base.
- Facilitates profitable growth and the sales process by adherence to department incentive and initiative programs.
- Researches and suggests alternative products to customers. Provides representation of products, increasing sales wherever appropriate or as requested.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Utilizes in-depth product knowledge to answer more specialized product calls. May be responsible for outbound calls to vendors.
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Understands and supports compliance issues if required for assigned customer base.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Specific Details
- Theteam is responsible for EPA, Fax Admin, Master Key, Strategic Accounts and Warranty Solutions.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Job Locations US-CA-Santee - US-CA-San Diego
Posted Date 3 months ago (2/27/2020 9:08 AM)
Job ID 2020-37006
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Customer Service
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 92071
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.