Part Time Material Handler/Warehouse (Days)
Shift: Part Time shift Tuesday - Sunday, off on Monday and another day to be determined by manager. Must be available between the hours of 8 am - 6 pm. Multiple positions are available.
Our part time positions come with great benefits:
- Minimum of 17.5 hours per week guaranteed
- Medical coverage with premiums less than $10 per month
- Vision and dental benefits
- Two dedicated medical health centers in Memphis for team members
- Tuition assistance
- Promote from within philosophy
- Nationwide career opportunities
- Training and growth opportunities to build a great career
To Provide Safe And Efficient Operation Of Equipment Used For The Movement Of Packages/Documents/Heavyweight, Dangerous Goods And Ulds. To Assist In The Buildup/Breakdown Of Pallets Containing Heavyweight Freight. To Serve As Liaison Between Company And Uld Repair Vendor, As Required.
- Able to lift 50Lbs.
- Able to maneuver packages of any weight above 50 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person.
- Able to successfully complete all basic and recurrency training.
- The ability to communicate both timely and effectively, in a noisy operations environment, is required.
- Clerical experience including typing and/or general office administration duties preferred.
- Good human relations and communication skills.
- Experience dealing with the movement of heavyweight freight using forklifts, tugs and other loading/unloading equipment preferred.
- Since operating motorized conveyances is required in this job, employee must possess a valid driver's license (See Policy 4-48).
Learn To Earn
- University of Memphis (UofM) Global has collaborated with FedEx to offer FedEx Hub employees at select locations* a higher education degree program, LiFE (Learning inspired by FedEx).
- There are potentially no out of pocket costs as long as candidates meet the criteria and in good academic standing.
- In addition you will have courses suited to your prior education, 24/7 tutoring and a U of M Global LiFE Coach to help you along the way.
- *(Currently only Memphis, Indy, Oakland, Newark and LAX Hub locations are eligible for LiFe program enrollment consideration.)
FedEx Express is an EEO/AA employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, age (except for bona fide occupational qualifications), sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or a related medical condition), disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military leave or service, status as a disabled veteran or other covered veteran status, participation in EEO protected activity, any other status protected by federal, state, or local law, or association with a person on the basis of one or more of the foregoing.
FedEx Express is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.