Job Description: Account executives are responsible for maintaining and expanding client base by selling all products..
- Motivation. Sales in logistics is highly competitive and motivation is crucial. Account Executives must be able to work independently and efficiently meeting quarterly goals and quotas. Must be able to develop a database of leads through research, cold calls, and networking. Must be aggressive and able to close sales.
- Organizational skills. Candidates must display strong organizational and time management skills to secure leads and follow up.
- Technological skills. Must be experienced with using a computer and the internet as a sales tool. Must be comfortable with a Blackberry, Customer Relation Management tools (CRM), email, and Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A proven record of success in sales and generating revenue growth.
- Skills in communication, persuasion, and negotiation.
- Skills in writing and editing proposals or business plans.
- In-depth knowledge of industry and specific trade lanes.
- Experience in freight forwarding and logistics including air/ocean and import/export sales
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive base pay commensurate with experience and client following.
- Strong no-cap commission structure.
- Paid Vacation/Sick days
- Automobile allowance/gas/tolls.
- Company Blackberry / Laptop.
Air Export: Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Close Air waybills timely to meet gateway and airline cutoffs.
- Proper Handling of Expedited and Hazardous freight.
- Print all Necessary Export Documents.
- Provide Warehouse with loading docs.
- Perform Export Clearance.
- Send Pre-advises to destination offices / agents.
- Communicates with customer service group for any requirements or exceptions found in freight documents or physical cargo receipt, report any discrepancies to avoid mis-handling of goods.
- As a contingency to Customer Service, will contact customers with exceptions to advise shipment status or to obtain shipment information in a professional manner.
- Assists the day-to-day operations of the export department to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Ensure that file contains all necessary document copies in proper sequence and are uploaded properly to document management system.
- Assists with ensuring that payable and receivable documents are completed accurately and forwarded within time constraints.
- Trace shipment through transit points up to final destination and advice customer service as needed with timely updates.
- Ensures that highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipment accurately
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Set up reporting to monitor key accounts activity/shipments on a daily basis and liaison with both overseas offices and our own.
- Assist with additional lane set up as required by customer.
- Oversee special projects as needed.
- Coordinate communication between all parties to ensure customer requirements are met.
- First point of customer contact for day to day issues/problems.
- First point of contact for destination offices and will resolve any issues/problems timely to avoid delays to customer. Also answering destination timely for any corrections required.
- Identify problems and proactively resolve any issues to minimize impact to client and the company.
- Must possess high level of organization and time management of workload and self