Overview The Supervisor, Quality Assurance & Kaizen position is responsible for leading Kaizen and Corrective Action programs on a national level for YLA Contract Logistics Group. The role will be responsible for positively impacting customer satisfaction and financial performance of YLA locations nationally by serving as a change agent to drive corrective actions for high risk operations, providing leadership for continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives, and managing process improvement and continuous improvement projects. This role will also require close cooperation and communication with critical Yusen Suppliers, and will involve supporting supplier management and procurement activities. Finally, the Supervisor, Quality Assurance & Kaizen plays a key role in cultivating KAIZEN culture throughout CLG group locations.
- Designs and implements Kaizen training. Pilots training in lean enterprise and "Kaizen" practices. Including but not limited to 5S's, Visual control ("Mieruka"), time study ("Cycle time", "Gentani" ), productivity & data analysis ("Yamazumi", etc.), 5-WHY problem solving, Value Stream Mapping to improve workflow processes and increase operational efficiency, quality and safety.
- Responds to high risk operations by creating corrective action plans, acts as project manager for corrective action projects, takes tangible measures to complete corrective action projects, and follows up or audits corrective actions for sustainability.
- Assists or leads in project management for facility improvements, equipment, technology, new buildings, and startup operations.
- Assists or leads in project management for continuous improvement and process improvement projects.
- Assists or leads in project management for new facility or account startup implementation projects
- Formulates and maintains CLG national Quality and Kaizen programs in line with corporate vision and strategic goals for YLA, as well as specifically for customer needs
- Creates and implements audit criteria and procedures. Audits operational facilities and processes. Assesses potential quality problems, identifies deviation from standard and room for improvement ("Kaizen"). Creates and updates quality standards, as necessary.
- Interprets Kaizen philosophy for the organization and provides guidance in developing Quality / Kaizen processes across all business units.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with CLG executive leadership, management and Kaizen and Quality facilitators and participants.
- Assist in encourageing, mentoring and managing KAIZEN activities / process improvement projects.
- Demonstrate KAIZEN activities to enable WHSE YLA members to apply KAIZEN.
- Communicate the performance of KAIZEN to all stakeholders at the facility.
- Attends training, conferences, meeting, and workshops to maintain current knowledge of KAIZEN/Quality methods and procedures or to maintain required level of certification.
- Monitors financial impacts of projects and reports out to the business the status.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, coordinating, maintaining, and reporting supplier spend and savings data on a national level.
- Assist in collecting, analyzing, coordinating, maintaining, and reporting Material Handling Equipment expense and usage data on a national level.
- Assist in managing suppliers through Quarterly Business Reviews, defining and reviewing Key Performance Indicators.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience in the logistics supply chain, freight forwarding, warehousing, trans-loading business is preferred.
- Experience with Corrective Action Reports and Corrective Action Plans for Warehouse Operations
- Experience with of TPS and their tools, including but not limited to 5S's, Visual control ("Mieruka"), time study ("Cycle time", "Gentani" ), productivity & data analysis ("Yamazumi", etc.), 5-WHY problem solving, Value Stream Mapping.
- Creative and innovative thinker with an ability to translate complex ideas and metrics into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- High communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form - with a wide variety of individuals from front line employees to senior executives.
- Demonstrated skills in managing people and projects.
- Ability to cultivate KAIZEN philosophy.
- Strong analytical, logical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional presence, polished communication skills, and proven ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of employees.
- Innate interest in and desire for continuous learning and personal development.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, develop, lead and implement process standardization and process improvement throughout geographically dispersed locations.
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, and Customer Focus.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as required/ assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Review and analyze data and information concerning .
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.