Air and/or Ocean export coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handle files from A to Z including AES Filing.
• Work directly with customers and partner agents to successfully transport cargo from the US to overseas
• prioritize work based on estimated time of departure (ETD), product service level, workflow processes, freight and documentation cut offs
• Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
• Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved and recommend shipping solutions base on service level requirements in accordance to the clients needs
• Prepare quotations for freight transportation based in incoterms.
• Coordinate shipments with partner agents, steam ship lines, airlines, co-loaders and truckers including negotiating rates with freight carriers and partner freight forwarders.
• Arrange cargo for pick up from shippers
• Tracking cargo daily and provide shipment status notification to freight forwarding partners shippers / customers
• Obtain or arrange cargo insurance and assist clients in obtaining insurance reimbursements.
• Coordinate AES filings
• Preparing and submitting master bill of lading/ house bill of lading documentation to steam ship lines/co loaders/ air lines and overseas freight forwarders.
• Per-alerting shipments
• Coordinating delivery of cargo overseas as required by incoterms
• Gather PODS and invoice files accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work in a fast paced and team environment
• Detail oriented, Outcome-oriented, organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Working knowledge of ECCNs, EAR99 and export license regulations for AES filing
• High level of customer service
• Familiarity with export regulations and schedule b classification
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to adapt to new software easily
o Cargowise knowledge is a plus
Education and/or Experience
• H.S. Diploma or equivalent required
• 3-5 years experience working as an freight forwarder/entry writer