Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Senior National Account Executive
About Freight Management, Inc.
Freight Management, Inc is a certified Veteran-Owned Logistics Services Provider with over 40 years in the transportation industry. We help our clients save money by leveraging our proprietary My Freight Manager® transportation management technology (TMS) and our professional staff. Crafted to help our client's work smarter today and forever after – our TMS also features Draydex®, which positions itself as the most accurate drayage spot-market index for every rail and port in the US. We provide unparalleled drayage and container management services, truckload brokerage, and managed services throughout North America. *On-the-job technology training available
- Developer and host of My Freight Manager® TMS & Draydex®--the most accurate drayage spot-market index in the U.S.
- BiTA Member since 2018
- ISO 9001:2008 compliant
- Veteran-Owned Certified Small Business
- Crain's Fast-Fifty Chicagoland (fasting growing companies) – multiple years
- Inc5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies – multiple years
- Education Forward: Veteran Apprenticeship and Student Internship Programs
- Over 40 years of Industry Experience
FMI's Veteran-tailored 12-month Apprenticeship Program is available to qualifying veteran employees. Program Participants may receive financial assistance from their GI Bill benefits and financial compensation from FMI at the same time.
Responsible for establishing and growing professional B2B dealings specializing in the movement of Full Truckload Shipments. Helping our clients navigate the tumultuous environment of shipment quoting, accessorial charges, and detention issues – this position requires a healthy understanding of both carrier services and client needs.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Generate and Organize Client Leads: Contact new and existing Shippers to promote FMI's My Freight Manager® technology, as well as our truckload, less-than-truckload, and managed transportation services.
- Email, call, and visit (local only) clients to ensure service satisfaction.
- Guard the integrity of contractual obligations – maintain ubiquitous awareness of client need and operational impact.
- Provide updates/reports to Management as requested.
- Two to five year of complex customer service and Transportation Sales Expereince.
- Close Familiarity with the Transportation Service Industry.
- Capable of quickly learning new technology.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize, swiftly change focus, and stay organized in a fast-paced situation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Self-motivated & effective time manager.
- Proficient in American English: Written and Spoken. Multi-lingual is a plus.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and process skills.
Benefits & Wages
Competitive base salary, full benefits, and an aggressive, uncapped commission structure ensure immediate peace-of-mind. After 60 days, this FTE salaried position offers benefits including: Health; Dental; Life Insurance; and, both long & short-term disability. Retirement 401k matching available after 6 months.
Stunning sun-filled architectural beauty – FMI's headquarter office in Glendale Heights, Illinois is positioned on busy North Ave with plenty of parking. Semi open-office and pet-friendly, National Account Executives enjoy line-of-site access to supportive leadership. Making you look good - two conference rooms and an open-air consultation area are available for client meetings. Garden-level is devoted to letting off steam – come see it!