Position: Account Representative / Inside Sales
Location: La Crescenta / Glendale
Salary: Starting at $20/hr
Benefits and PTO:
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability
- 2 weeks of annual vacation (first 2 years)
- 3 weeks of annual vacation (after 2nd year)
- 5 paid medical/personal days
- 5 paid holidays
Freight Right is a wholesale NVOCC/Freight Forwarder and one of the few companies that did not furlough, lay off, or cut pay throughout the COVID-19 crisis. Our diverse staff is the direct result of merit-based hiring. Come join one of the fastest-growing freight forwarders in the beautiful foothills of the Angeles National Forest. Great air quality, beautiful views, restaurants, and hiking trails are all around.
You will work with our customers, global network of agents, and re-sellers to provide timely and accurate international freight quotes. You will be the primary contact for our freight providers on day-to-day communication. You will negotiate with carriers and agents, work on special projects like landed cost calculations for specific products, OOG, project quotes, etc.
This position requires physical presence in the office. Telecommuting and remote work is not available.
- Thorough knowledge of international transportation processes
- Pricing/Quoting experience for all modes (air, ocean, rail, LCL, FCL, ground)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general industry documentation/communications.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from customers and partners.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities
- Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience reviewing and negotiating transportation contracts
- Prior Industry (NVOCC/Freight Forwarding)
- 2-5 years Sales Experience
- Experience with tariff sheets and rate contracts
- Bachelor's degree in Business or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Driver's License
- Proximity to work
Skills and Experience Preferred (Not Required):
- Knowledge of CargoWise software
- Experience with tariff sheets
- Experience with Catapult QMS and/or QMS Lite, FreightOs Accelerate, 7L, Webacrgonet.
- Hazardous Material handling knowledge or experience
- Knowledge of foreign languages a definite plus
- Prior travel and international exposure
Freight Right is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences and don't discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors.