Air Export Coordinator
Air Export Coordinator
Cavalier Logistics, a premier provider of global transportation, logistics and warehousing services for 30+ years is seeking an Air Export Coordinator to join our team in Carson, Los Angeles, California. Cavalier provides exceptional service in the areas of general cargo, government services, and biopharma services. Our decades of experience and emphasis on our clients' specialized needs being our priority keeps customers coming back year after year. If you would like to join a dedicated team and contribute to a sterling reputation, this might be the position for you.
A well-qualified Air Export Coordinator will process and execute the transportation documents for export cargo consignments while both exceeding the client's service requests and ensuring maximum profitability for the company. Responsibilities will include determining routing of international freight and biopharma services, review of all documentation and forms, maintaining communication with clients, and review of export process on a regular basis.
Cavalier is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary and full benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and an Employee Assistance Program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Submitting shipment pre-advices and export documents to overseas agents
- Verifying documentation and in compliance with US and foreign government regulations, export declarations, certificates of origin and in related documents
- Monitoring departures, shipments in transit, arrivals, providing Proof of Delivery to customers
- Provide excellent and timely customer service by proactively informing clients of the status of their shipments and tasks that require special handling or expediting
- Maintain client profile and databases, excellent service to internal and external customers
- Submitting AES details for all shipments
- Maintain warehouse activities
- Negotiate rates with carriers and achieve consistent profit
- Provide quotes to customers and international agents
- Develop and maintain excellent service to internal and external customers
- Biopharma services SOP and temperature control on special freight
- Cross training in domestic services
- Recognize file details
- Set up the file
- Rate the file (including costs)
- Complete the export paperwork
- Breakdown and distribute documents
- Labels, AES. Pre-alert consignee
- Final file checklist
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must be detail oriented, thorough and accurate and have the ability to efficiently solve problems
- Solid knowledge of international geography including countries and airports
- Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks, must be organized
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Work effectively via phone, fax, e-mail
- Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Dangerous goods acceptance training
- Air cargo security training
- TSA security escort training
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 3 to 5 years of experience preferred
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are a self-starter, have great organizational skills and are a team player - apply for this great position today! We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.