Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on business operations, Penske is temporarily delaying our hiring for most positions within our organization. We expect to have positions like this available in the future, and are looking to identify talent for those roles today. Our recruiting team is actively reviewing and engaging with qualified candidates for phone screenings at this time. Please do apply if you are interested.
Advance your sales career forward with Penske!
The main responsibility of this position is to sell and assist the Retail Truck Center Sales Manager in the sales of Penske vehicles to retail customers as well as assisting in the operation of a Penske Used Truck Center (UTC). Conduct prospecting calls in order to grow our customer base within UTC market. Help the location develop retail accounts is an important aspect of this position. Customer interaction to provide seamless sales process while upholding Penske's overall reputation in the industry is imperative. This position works with the Vehicle Sales Manager Retail Truck Center Sales Manager to execute on planned initiatives. This non-exempt sales/operational position relies on inbound, outbound call activity as well as direct interaction with walk in customers. Reaching sales goals for Retail Center is top priority while coordinating the staging, prepping (pre-sale & post sale) and managing units within the UTC yard. Assisting with the operations of the UTC yard is a major part of this role. In particular, conducting yard checks, including placing vehicle spec sheets in units as well as yard management (moving and staging vehicles). Additionally, daily interaction with the service department is necessary to ensure vehicles are in good mechanical condition in order to be sold to customers. Plays a key role for the safety and security of people and assets at the location. This position requires a person to be involved in both sales and operations and therefore must be motivated to reach sales goals, detail orientated, have strong interpersonal skills, work well with people and a solid ability to work in a fast pace environment that relies on effective use of technology.
Must be able to work Monday - Friday from 9 am - 6 pm.
• Sale of vehicles - Will present inventory to new and existing retail customers as well as respond to customer's offers. Discusses vehicle specs and pricing.
• Prospecting calls - outbound calls (Phone / Direct) and email marketing to new and existing customers with the purpose of maximizing sales to current customer base and expansion of customer base.
• Yard check of inventory, organizing yard for proper display, placing spec sheets in units, insuring cleanness of for sale units meet with shop manager to determine which units to prep for retail sale by understanding customer priorities and resource availability.
• Work with Used Truck Manager to identify units for UTC and inventory levels to maintain by reviewing off-lease, and up-coming lease renewals and rental strategy based on utilization.
• Handling other projects and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 1 years of experience as a CSR/Rental Representative preferred
• Experience in Customer Service
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment and multi-task
• Intermediate experience with computer systems and applications
• Ability to provide timely responses to internal and external customers
• Ability to resolve conflict effectively
• Motivated to assist with reaching sales and operational goals
• Willing and able to multi-task
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.