Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Senior In-process Inspector is responsible for inspecting and recording dimensions of aerospace components per process sheets, Inspection reports, Blueprints and applicable specifications utilizing specified gages and methods to ensure the quality requirements are met prior to presenting the final aerospace component to the customers.
- Fulfill daily responsibilities in a team based manufacturing environment while maintaining and upholding Timken's core values.
- Perform functions while maintaining compliance with company safety and environmental policy and procedures.
- Provide inspection services of product in accordance to defined requirements.
- Prepare documented inspection reports in accordance with company policy, procedure or customer specific requirements.
- Perform vendor first piece inspection and internal first article inspections.
- Operate the CMM machine.
- Maintain records in accordance to record retention policies.
- Provide customer support (internal or external) within areas of defined competence.
- Support organization compliance and adherence of policy and procedure by participating and supporting organizational audit functions.
- Support organizational improvement activities by acting a team member in improvement functions.
- Support organizational departmental cross training initiatives by becoming cross trained in various skill blocks within the Quality function as defined and agreed upon by supervision.
- Act as a role model, coach and train new associates to foster a team environment
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Perform tasks as assigned by Supervisor and/or Team Leader.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Frequent twisting and bending.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants, and chemicals.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or green card holder
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of aerospace inspection experience. Direct CMM operating experience.
- Familiarity with traditional surface plate layout techniques and hand held gauging.
- Fluent in print / specification interpretation, GD&T and corresponding measurement techniques
- Knowledgeable in traditional surface plate layout techniques and hand held gauging.
- Aerospace and/or precision manufacturing background desired.
- Industrial mathematics.
- Solid written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.