Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. T his position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today. We are committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more about our company approach on our main company career page Gopenske.com.
Our driver hiring team continues to grow! We are currently expanding our staff and are looking for an additional recruiting supervisor to lead a team of driver recruiters and manage daily operations to support the hiring efforts for
In this role you will manage, train, coach, and motivate a staff of centralized driver recruiters. As a primary point for our internal customers (our location managers), you will collaborate on needs assessments for our locations
across US and Canada, and provide updates on hiring activity to field operations leaders and field HR managers. As part of a team of supervisors, you will have shared responsibility to ensure our hiring team is executing internal hiring processes and recruiting activities efficiently, ensuring a white-glove candidate experience, and supporting escalation processes for driving record reviews, compliance, and background screening.
Preferred candidates for this position will have at least 2 years of team leadership experience and demonstrating successful achievements to business initiatives. Individuals with prior experience making organizational hiring
decisions, recruiting, retail management, and high volume recruiting management are highly preferred. The ability to actively listen and influence direct reports, peers, and leaders is essential to success in this role. A positive,
can-do attitude and the willingness to work a rotating, flexible schedule is required. Bilingual Spanish communication is a plus. This position is based at Penske's corporate offices 7 miles South of Reading, PA.
• Manage daily operations of Driver Hiring Specialists, ensuring proper prioritization of recruiting needs, distribution of workload, ensuring all tools and processes are functioning to ensure business continuation. Assist with issue resolution and promote behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction.
• Ensure strong and efficient collaboration between Operations leaders, HR leaders, and all Recruiting team members to ensure alignment to staffing needs and activities.
• Assure Driver Hiring Specialists are consistent in their approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through audits, assessments, and customer feedback.
• Oversee all necessary team management activities including hiring, performance management, associate relations, expense report management, training and company program compliance. Lead all ongoing team engagement activities that help ensure job satisfaction and workforce productivity.
• Conduct candidate driving record and background screening reviews under Penske's established guidelines, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and risk mitigation in decision making.
• Serve as a Penske staffing process and systems subject matter expert for contact center technologies including hardware, call routing applications (Genesys), telephony systems, Salesforce.com and other CRM and marketing tools, and recruiting systems Oracle/Taleo Enterprise.
• Special Assignments and tasks as assigned by manager or other staffing leadership, such as serving on process improvement teams, coordinating small scope short-term projects, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of relevant recruiting work experience and leadership.
• 2 years team leadership experience, or, 3 years of Penske experience with established record of highly successful performance, including steadily increasing levels of responsibility required.
• Prior responsibility for leading a team to execute to defined outputs through training, engagement, coaching, development, and conflict management preferred. Examples of relevant experience include recruiting team management, contact center management, retail management, and driver/terminal management.
• At least 5 years' experience either as a recruiter, or, as a manager responsible for interviewing and hiring preferred.
• Past experience hiring professional truck drivers preferred.
• Prior recruiting team or contact center management experience highly preferred.
• Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills.
• Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Analytical skills, with the ability to review reports and make recommendations
• Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
• Bilingual Spanish communication skills a plus.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal
history) and drug screening are required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be
able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.