HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for managing all sales and operations activities for a single location and for execution of sales strategy. Develop customer relationships and ensure satisfaction through operational excellence. Responsible for talent acquisition and development and retention of associates and adherence to company policy and procedure.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Initiates and develops customer relationships with existing and new customers.
- Monitors local market trends, develops and executes strategies to grow local market share and aggressively pursues business opportunities.
- Works closely with vendors to maximize sales and increase profitability.
- Serves as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial and operational support demands. Effectively utilizes training programs to develop sales and operations expertise.
- Ensures efficient operations, through adherence to policy and procedure, process excellence and compliance with applicable government regulations.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree.
- Retail environment experience.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish).
Job Locations US-CA-North Highlands
Posted Date 1 month ago (6/3/2020 12:53 PM)
Job ID 2020-37936
Business Unit Home Improvement Solutions
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 95660
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.