Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a Credit Manager to manage the credit process for all domestic and international transactions, to develop credit policies and to ensure proper policy compliance to support corporate objectives.
- Oversee business account receivable segment collections and credit management/analysis.
- Approve and extend lines of credit to both domestic and international customers.
- Work to reduce accounts delinquency and improve DSO.
- Perform daily risk management assessment
- Perform regular cash applications.
- Assist with customer dispute resolutions.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures regarding billing, collections, credit cards, inquiries and check cashing.
- Review invoicing to make sure consistent with customer PO/contracts
- Monitor accounts and develop reports.
- Manage letter of credit transactions.
- Authorize special payment terms of sale to minimize risk and maximize cash flow.
- Maintain records of customer advances and retention balances.
- Participate in frequent contact with international and domestic customers, sales and operations to resolve collection issues.
- Maintain bank relationships for international transactions.
- Provide international customers with necessary information to facilitate payment.
- Maintain compliance with government export regulations.
- Maintain and reconcile government billings
- Skilled in all basic MS Office products. EPICOR and Wide Area Work Flow ("WAWF") a plus
- The ability to multi-task, set priorities, and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization.
- Ability to work as part of a team and the ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams.
- Ability to work with diverse business groups in remote geographical facilities within the business unit.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong systemic mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Applicant must have 5+ years of accounting experience, 10 preferred, and a business related bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.