Overview The Senior Entry Writer is responsible for the correct and timely creation and transmission of CBP entries of key accounts. The Senior Entry Writer serves as a customer advocate and must possess good customer service skills.
The Senior Entry Writer will have in-depth knowledge of customs and partnering government agencies and can be relied upon as having expertise in customs clearance and import compliance. Sr. Entry Writers will be required to handle complex, non-routine CHB/CBP transactions and will be assigned to handle key accounts. The Senior Entry Writers will support managers in import audit functions.
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for CBP release of shipments. Handles key accounts requiring in depth knowledge of customs, PGAs and harmonized tariff codes required for the account.
- Follow SOPS for each customer on the correct method and data required for preparing an entry. May assist in new customer onboard set up and process.
- Organize the work area to identify the status of every file through every phase of the CBP entry process.
- Provide guidance to Entry Writers in routine and non-routine CHB/CBP transactions and work with other YLA offices with shared responsibilities and identify customer requirements.
- Support Managers in import audit functions.
- Interface with customers on CBP, PGA, delivery, and irregularities
- Report all issues to customers and management affecting timely clearance and delivery in a timely manner.
- Assist in resolving major customer complaints and shipping problems(i.e., delayed, missing, or damaged freight; strikes; embargoes,etc.)
- May assist with Post Entry work and Binding Rulings
- Review and update customer profiles as directed
- Delivery of freight to customers
- Track and trace shipments and coordinate with steamship lines, freight forwarders and CFS on the availability of imported shipments
- Arrange with trucking companies the pick-up and delivery of freight
- Recommend solutions to simplify and expedite cargo flow Billing
- Handle accounting processes as they apply to CHB, including the issuance of invoices to customer or overseas offices as well as the processing of payment requisitions.
- Assists accounting department with any accounting issues
- Classify merchandise into accurate HTS
- Comply CFR 19
- High School Diploma and/or GED plus a minimum of 5 years' experience as an entry writer.
- Must have sound knowledge of US Customs and Harmonized Tariff Codes.
- Must have strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to evaluate information and determine compliance standards.
- Able to handle stressful situations.
- Able to take instructions and follow-through independently.
- Must have good personal organization skills and be competent at multi-tasking.
- Must work with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Must have good people skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to present one's self in a cooperative and professional manner with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Must have the ability to compose emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Browser.)
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Keen ability to assess situations, evaluate results , and provide solutions.
- Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.