HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for ensuring payroll processes are current and test controls are documented and followed. Serve as a member of the HR Operations team supporting payroll processing and employee inquires. Extract, reconcile, and analyze data for internal and external purposes. Provide Workday and Kronos reports for internal audits and as requested from business units.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Creates Workday and Kronos reports for internal and external customers.
- Designs and uses payroll controls. Reconciles balances to guarantee accuracies. Identifies and resolves complex payroll issues. Understands best practices in payroll processing.
- Executes data transfer through interfaces and makes payroll calculations from time and attendance, gross-to-net, and payroll taxes.
- Partners with payroll manager(s) for testing and documenting Workday payroll tax updates.
- Works with vendors for balancing and filing payroll taxes.
- Calculates corrections and exceptions to the payroll process as needed.
- Assists in preparing monthly HRIT and internal payroll metrics. Serves as a back up to the payroll processor.
- Participates in departmental and inter-departmental projects.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Workday payroll and Kronos Time and Attendance experience.
- Prior experience with Workday HR and payroll integrations and mass data uploads (EIBs) preferred.
- Experience researching, analyzing, and retrieving data to prepare summaries and reports.
- Multi-state payroll experience in withholding and SUI taxes.
- Demonstrated knowledge in payroll and accounting controls.
- Experience with Canadian payroll processing a bonus.
- CPP, FPC, or other relevant payroll certifications preferred not required.
Job Locations US-FL-Orlando
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (6/25/2020 11:35 AM)
Job ID 2020-36571
Business Unit Corporate GSC
Functional Area Human Resources
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 32805
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.