Where: Groveport, OH (6200 Commerce Center Drive)
Type: Part-Time Non-Exempt
Wage: $14.00/hour and up based on experience
Benefits: Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 4pm-9pm or 5pm-10pm
Our mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Warehouse Associates connect our customers with the goods they need to make this happen.
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here: https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Move and sort packages from conveyor belts on to pallets.
- Effectively stack and palletize packages.
- Shrink-wrap pallets prior to loading them onto trailers.
- Load pallets onto trailers using an electric pallet jack or pacer.
- Assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production (lines per hour) goals, as needed.
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Reliable transportation to and from work and a reliable work ethic
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
What will give you an edge:
- Experience working in a fast paced, productivity-driven environment
- Experience with computers
Click "apply now" so we can get to know you!
Learn more about HD Supply and what our associates say about working here:
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication, and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort,
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED, strongly preferred.0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
Job Locations US-OH-Groveport
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (6/17/2020 9:39 AM)
Job ID 2020-38119
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Part-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 43125
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.