Penske's Body Shop Technicians are responsible for all aspects of truck and trailer repair and maintenance. Duties may include the overhaul, adjustment, replacement and repair of all series of motor truck and trailer equipment including, but not limited to the following: Cab/ Sheet Metal Repair, Fiberglass Repair, Composite Bonding/ Repair, Welding/ Fabricating, Frame Straightening/ Alignment, Suspension Repair/ Alignment, Box Repair/ Replacement, Air Conditioning Systems, Electrical/ Brake/Cooling Systems, Surface Preparation, and Paint/ Mixing/ Tinting/ Blending.
This position will be located at our Lithia Springs Body Shop location: 400 Interstate W. Parkway, Lithia Springs, GA 30122.
• Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled truck and trailer units
• Perform all levels of Truck Collision Repair services
• Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Road test vehicles when necessary
• Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 6 years practical experience (or an equivalent combination of related education and experience)
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/technical school preferred
• Specialized training and experience in the repair/refinish of all series of truck and trailer required
• Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required
• Current CDL license with air brake certification
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.