Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
This role manages many the Company's international tax matters involving U.S. international tax compliance, non-U.S. tax compliance, global transfer pricing, financial reporting for income taxes of non- U.S. locations, and may assist with international tax planning projects. This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager International Tax. The candidate must have significant technical and interpersonal skills, coupled with judgment and decision-making abilities, as well as the ability to communicate complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
- Manage U.S. international tax compliance: Review Forms 5471s, 8858a and 1118 to ensure compliance with U.S. tax law, including Subpart F, foreign tax credits, E&P calculations and the new requirements pursuant to U.S. Tax Reform like GILTI, BEAT and FDII. Establish, implement and improve processes for the future. Involves the successful delegation to other members of the global tax team and utilization of the Bangalore shared services tax team.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Company's non-U.S. quarterly and annual tax provision: Work closely with other global tax team members and the global finance teams to ensure timely and accurate preparation of ASC 740 income tax calculations (quarterly and annual tax provisions) for foreign affiliates. Includes review of current and deferred income taxes, effective tax rate inputs, review of uncertain tax positions.
- Ensure compliance with cross-border transfer pricing requirements: Involves directing efforts of finance managers and managing outsourcing relationships to assign tasks, establish detailed timetables and review work product to ensure compliance with U.S. and international transfer pricing laws and BEPS requirements.
- Assist with tax audits and related matters: (income tax, transfer pricing and other). Manage the preparation of tax authority information requests and liaising with tax authorities in coordination with the Sr. Manager Tax Operations.
Required Technical/Functional Skills
- Experience with US GAAP ASC 740 and SEC regulations required, as well as experience with software programs such as SAP and ONESOURCE.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
- Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
- Focus on process improvement and internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Propensity to lead and mentor staff
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Ability to travel as necessary - less than 10%
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar.
- MBA or master's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
- CPA or MST preferred
- 10 years' corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm, including 3-5 years technical knowledge and experience with U.S. international tax.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.