Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion
The clean line operator is responsible for the daily completion of assigned tasks including but not limited to cleaning of various aerospace parts in accordance with approved processes, and ensuring effective accomplishment of tasks by performing visual inspection of all competed work.
- Read and interpret operation sheets to meet part cleanliness and foreign object removal requirements.
- Clean parts and components in the wash tank.
- Inspect product for conformance to cleaning specifications.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including, process verification, equipment inspection, product inspection, documentation, material handling, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to maintain equipment performance and prevent downtime.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
Unusual Environmental Conditions
- Loud machining environment; exposure to aerospace metals, lubricants, chemicals and high temperatures.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses/shields, appropriate manufacturing closed toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection may be required or other protective equipment as needed.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math or industrial mathematics desired.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to set, use or setup various measuring devices.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to read & interpret machining program language (strongly desired).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.