HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for managing, defining and executing logistics/transportation strategy in a manner that supports company and customer goals. Continuously analyze data and processes to measure and improve performance and productivity.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of expertise and supports field personnel, Distribution Centers, Sales, Supply Chain and other departments in transportation/logistics areas.
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into a centralized data format.
- Prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepare reports with charts and graphs, mailing lists, maps and ad hoc requests. Defines data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Develops business tools and solutions to improve logistics processes.
- Develops cost estimates and forecasts. Creates and maintains costing models.
- Informs executive management on all pertinent issues concerning the supply chain process.
- Ensures the structure of all logistics and delivery programs meet Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Ensures products, components and/or supplies are shipped, distributed or received in an efficient manner.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
REQUIRED SKILLS -- we agree that these are the top requirements for you to consider a candidate:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a technical analyst role.
- Experience in logistic processes of warehouse operations and distribution programs. Transportation / logistics experience.
- Experience acquiring and analyzing data within large multi-system enterprise environments.
- Familiarity with data rationalization and data definitions.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
- B2B experience
- Industrial and/or distribution experience
- Proficiency in dashboard software tools such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Experience with SQL - running queries.
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (6/25/2020 9:45 AM)
Job ID 2020-38221
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.