Penske is an essential business to our customers and communities, our team is working hard to keep supply chains up and running. T his position is immediately available and we are actively recruiting, interviewing and hiring for this role. Please apply today. We are committed to the health and safety of our associates, candidates, and customers. We have modified our hiring processes to include increased phone interviews and where in-person activities are required, we are practicing social distancing. You can learn more about our company approach on our main company career page Gopenske.com.
Responsible for the daily/weekly assisting of incoming loads and drivers, liaison for internal customer support of the warehouse order selectors, closing of loads, assistance of warehouse field associates as needed, and all other duties as assigned.
This is a 2nd shift position. Days are Monday - Friday with weekends and holidays as needed. Hours are 4:30 pm until finish.
- Various office and administrative duties
• - Distribution of picking lists
• - Answer warehouse field associates questions as needed
• - Involve Safety team as required by location
• - Must be able to prioritize workload and have flexibility to adjust based on position requirements
• - Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
• - Other projects and tasks assigned by supervisor
• - Housekeeping
• - Must communicate any and all facility or associate issues immediately to your supervisor.
• - Willing to change shift and hours as business needs dictate.
• - Constant communication with Shipping Dock Supervisor/Lead.
• - Ability to multi-task
• - Strong attention to detail and understand the business/customer needs and requirements.
• - Ability to manage their personal and outbound inbox to answer questions from carriers, customers, and/or management staff.
• 2 years of general office experience required
• 1 year of customer service experience required
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
• AS400 experience preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. -The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.