- Provide support to both internal and external customers, as well as assist outside sales in quotation and order administration.
- Work Design: works under general supervision.
- Resolves non-routine problems by applying general policies, practices, procedures and principles.
- This person will work with the store manager to insure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Establish personal relationships with customers and end users.
- Counter sales, configure proposals, process orders, perform inventory cycle counts and assist customers face to face as well as on the telephone.
- Coordinate with manufacturing to determine delivery dates based on customer needs.
- Personally expedite "Rush" & "Hot" ordersProvide first line technical support.
- Fills all gas cylinders, high and low pressure, and liquid containers in accorance with safety procedures, quality assurance manual and FDA requirements.
- Tests all gases and documents results on compression log report accurately and legibly.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum one year experience in the gas/welding industry as a warehouse worker or a driver preferred.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook E-mail). Timms software is a plus.
- Forklift Certification
- Hazardous materials training. Certification is a plus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (e.g. small welders and cylinders) and occasionally push cart and/or move up to 100 pounds (e.g. larger equipment or cylinders).
- General knowledge of welding gas cylinders and equipment.
- Able to work flexible hours (within 2-3 hours of starting and quitting times).